Serathis: The Storm of Memory
- Xarthran is apparently a powerful force against the Dragon and the Giant’s rule in the Slums (according to Fenora), and seems to be head-honcho of an organization of casters and mystics. It has ties to the Hooks, the merchant’s town of Foothold, and slassan Selsarras. Notably, it seems to be willing to work with most anyone – it’s out to gain power and influence, but no one seems to know why.
- Powerful, and now holds the Council Staff of Unravelling, Kavisaret. Jovial, but dropped an Arboreal Corrupter in combat. Also has access to minions, a Shield Guardian, and the Wormflesh Manuscript.
- Xarthran has agents everywhere – Foothold, in the Hooks, and perhaps in the Giant’s enclave as well. Also, rumor goes that it has some influence on Kerlon’a, the female dracha that leads the Dragon’s Shadow. (think spy network) It’s worked with many groups over time – both Valdra Longclaw and Van Der Halen are reported to have had dealing with it.
- According to the Memory, Valdra Longclaw has had very recent dealings with Xarthran, in fact. [“I’m sure she’ll be happy to help us.”]
- Xarthan is/was a Magister (and something else…Memory is unclear), and converted himself into a Mojh over 120 years ago. He was fully anticipating a place of power when the Dragons Returned – afterall, was he not a powerful example of what mankind+dragonkind could be? Alas, the Dragon’s weren’t interested in it – Xarthran was too motivated by power, and had turned itself undead to boot. Enraged by this, Xarthran headed to Serathis and took over a cabal of like-minded individuals. The original leader of that cabal, and Xarthran’s now lieutenant? Selsarras.